How will membership in the Pennington Research Association help me? Here are some answers.
Your dues support not just our websites but also our DNA Study and the PRA Archives & Library.
1. The Pennington Research Association offers value to its members by providing a forum to research the Pennington family, both printed and electronically. The Pennington Research Association is primarily an organization that publishes genealogical and family history material -- presenters and exchangers of information. We do this by:
- Twice a year we publish the Pennington Pedigrees and make it available as a downloadable file on this website (Member's-only section). The Pedigrees contain useful family history reports, queries, facts and other articles of interest to researchers of the Pennington family.
- We publish the Pennington Periodicals which consists of ten (10) years of Pennington Pedigrees, Cousin Couriers and many other useful research files and materials. The Pennington Periodicals Volume I files are available for download in the Members-Only section of our website. The Pennington Periodicals Volume II files are being published as time allows and are available in the Members-Only section of this website.
- We maintain two (2) websites for our Members. Our main website has a public and a Members-only section. The primary Pennington Research Association website is www.PenningtonResearch.org. To access the Members-only section, you must join the PRA. The second website, hosted by MyFamily.com, is a Members-only website. To access this website, you must join the PRA. Once you join, you will be provided access. We maintain a Member’s only website hosted by MyFamily.com that contains the JFMF, family trees submitted by PRA Members, family histories and photographs submitted by PRA Members. To access that website you have to receive a user name and password from the PRA.
- We publish many research articles and books that will soon be available in digital format. Click here to visit the PRA’s Publication web page.
Please note that even though we do not print the Pedigrees any longer, we do offer our Members the option of having a CD with the Pedigrees mailed directly to them. If you want to utilize this service, you simply let our Membership Chair, Arthur Pennington, know and he’ll add you to the list of Members who have the Pedigrees mailed to them on a CD.
2. Personal help with your research and related genealogical questions from Group Leaders, Research Director and other Members. Be sure to check our "Where to Start" web page that has some resources to help you get started with your genealogy research.
3. We utilize Internet technology as an informative and educational tool for our members and all other genealogy researchers. We do this by:
- We offer free webinars and other educational forums
for our Members.
- We provide the latest news and tips collected from genealogy research blogs and newsletters from around the world. We do this on our "News" blog and a "Discussion" forum on this website. We also maintain the PRA blog at http://praresearch.blogspot.com/. We publish all types of information to help with your research and to keep up with the PRA. Visitors are encouraged to post their comments. Check them out and take advantage of these great communication tools and use them to share your research and to ask questions.
- We maintain the PRA mail list on Rootsweb.com.
- We maintain the Pennington Surname Board on Ancestry.com. These boards contain queries, Pennington obituaries, wills, marriages, births and other important research records. Click here to go to the Pennington message boards on Ancestry.com.
- We provide learning tools by making presentations available on our website. Check back often for an updated list of presentations available for viewing.
- We provide a Members-only section which contains many resources including; (1) Unique material collected from many sources and shared with just our Members; (2) a Member's Directory; (3) Detailed descriptions of our Family Groups; (4) Photographs of PRA Reunions and (5) Photographs of Muncaster Castle.
4. We try to meet as often as possible to share research information on the Pennington family and to socialize with our Pennington cousins. Click here to learn about the PRA Reunion/Meetings.
5. As a service to new members we will try with the available resources we have to place you with an established group.
Click here for a membership application.